Jun 24, 2021
A recent flare up has taught me quite a bit.
1. The lessons learned throughout the show's history prove to be true.
2. It is incredibly important that you advocate for yourself. No one knows your body the way you do.
3. Understand that there are now changes in legislation that offer insight into what you can now view as a patient.
Hello 21st Century Cures Act in the States. At a high level, this act seeks to do two primary things:
1. It helps you as the patient have the ability to access your electronic health information easily and securely at no cost.
2. It helps to provide more technology that helps you to gain access to your health information.
You may have noticed that you can now see the notes written for many of your health visits. Please check out healthit.gov to learn more about the rule that went into effect as of April 2021.